Wednesday 24 May 2017

FINAL REFLECTION


In this entry, I have to do a final reflection about my English. First, I have to say that when teachers talks to us we have to do this task, I’m very happy because it means that we are reaching the end of the school year and it is the best news now, because this year has been very difficult and stressful.



Regarding to my evolution and progress in English, I think that the best way to look at how much I have improved throughout batxillerat is by comparing my first writing with the last one. In this way, althought it’s difficult for me, specially, the grammar and I make a lot of mistakes in this aspect, I observe a big progress. The first one is in the fluency, because now I takes less time to do writings when I do compositions. The second one progress I observe is that now I don’t have to use too much the diccionary. The last big change has been the way of own writing that I have acquired. In addition, I have also denoted other small improvements, such as vocabulary.



In summary, this progress can be seen if we read one of the first news in first of Batxillerat and, then, we read the last one:






Apart from writings, from my point of view, the progress in English in a student also can be seen in his oral presentations. In this way, I also seen progress in the presentations. The most importants are the pronunciation and the body language.



Although I observe a progress, I also have to say that there are a lot of things I have to improve, for example and the most important, in writings, the grammar, and, in oral presentations, I don’t have to be shy because it affects on my mark and I also have to improve the body language and pronunciation, because, although during this two years I improve it, I have and I can do it better, especially if I continue studying English and it is what I want to do.



After this analysis of my evolution, I want to show which I think is one of the best composition I have written and uploaded to the blog, in this way can be seen my English level. So, I don’t know which one is the best and that’s why I want to show two that I like it the most: Letter to a friend who is addicted to her phone and writing about soulmates.






Apart from the fact that they are two of the writings whit the best mark, I would like to comment that I have chosen them because they are two compositions that show the evolution I have done. So, in this two task I have improved over the others in the structure, because now I know a lot of connectors, in grammar, because now I know more things like passives or conditionals, in vocabulary, because now I can write with propriety and fluency, because now I can elaborate writings faster than when I begin in batxillerat.



Finally, I want to share what kind of activities we did in class with teachers that help us to learn and improve English. The best one I think that is the blog because along the school year we did a lot of writings and it helps a lot to improve in all aspects. Then, there are more activities that help us to learn, for example, songs or oral presentations. But I think we could also have done more debates between the whole class.



Definitely, during this two years I observe a very big progress in English but I know that my level isn’t the best and that’s why I have to continue studying English.


No comments:

Post a Comment